Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grow up, Grow old.

There's a saying, the older you get,the wiser you become.do you?

Say you gets older,do you throw away those habits you had when you were younger? Do you stop stop doing things you do when youre a year older? No. Hell no.not for me. id still wake up on the weekends tuning on to chucky and angelica and monster from the backyard, crave over vanilla filling panda heads and chocolate sticks.I dont change.I cant change. Should i?

When i was growing up, i told my peeps, id like to be an artist, bring art and mountains to life. Then i grew up. At 12, i wanted to be a writer, to write and tell stories, to make a statement of how things are and could be. 15, i realised literature in this state cant get me fancy house and big cars, so i go with cells and blood. Grown up again, i thought id stick to the language literacy and hope the best i could get some luck out of it. But truely, life is something you plan, He made it destined. 2004 I flunked SPM, missed my interviews and they gave me MARINE BIOLOGY after matriculation. Never in my life, did it cross my mind to dive 22m ocean deep and getting all the planktons swimming side by side. I grew up clueless. I changed unnoticed.

Life has that affect on you. They change you out, in, up, down whichever way they could. They grow you. They feed you fake and fantasy, truth and lies. They gave you reality in the end. They show you BMW and let you drive SAGA, tell you the world is round when you can even get lost in Bangi. Yeap. Get one and you get more than needed. Complimentary. Took me 22 years to discover that. and damn right theres more.

So at 22, I learned that you can plan life but dont get too confident getting it your way, take the turn when you feel a hunch gripping the edge of your lungs and always listen to your mom. Shes a pain sometimes but she shade your sun, shelter your rain and heal your sorrows. Changed by nature. But even if i have to change, ill be better. Ill change. Ill be better.


Happy 22nd Birthday Marni.

No comments: